diy: sdsa note

singer sewing centers
image source.

My apologies that there is no sew-along post up this afternoon as promised. The last couple days just whizzed right by, and unfortunately I ran out of time to prep everything this morning as I had hoped before I running to an appointment. So the post shall be up tomorrow instead! I'll be touching on lengthening or shortening the bodice and sleeves. There was also a question in last week about doing an SBA on this particular bodice. I'm hoping to tackle that this week as well, time permitting. If you're itching to get going on adjusting your pattern, I highly recommend using Gertie's method for adjusting a bodice for a smaller bustline: trying on the tissue pattern (or tracing in this case) and pinching out the excess fullness as needed, and then translating that to the flat pattern. Keep in mind that this design is not meant to be skin tight; the bodice should have a bit of blousiness. There is also a great illustration of where to slash the pattern on a similar surplice bodice here (scroll down to Simplicity 3775).

Comments

Popular Posts